March 31 1957
The Agua Caliente Indians extended to the Boy Scouts of America a lease in Chino Canyon for a camp, which would not have permanent buildings and would be for the exclusive use of the Boy scouts.
March 31. 1947
A new road to Pioneertown was opened, bringing the “new town of the old West” within 30 miles of Palm Springs and Big Bear within 55 miles. The town was laid out with a main street of 1849 architectural design and atmosphere of the old days and was planned to be used for the filming of Western movies.